Sunshine Coast Gun Shop provides a brokerage service for when you have:
- Purchased a firearm and need it transferred into your name; or
- Sold a firearm and need it transferred to the buyer.
We can do this for local customers or send your gun to any dealer in Australia for a set fee, depending on where it needs to go.
We can also assist if you have purchased a gun elsewhere and you can have it sent to us until your PTA arrives.
Firearm brokerage fees
For a standard transfer at the shop where you come in and we simply conduct the transfer by completing and submitting to Queensland Police Weapons Licensing Branch the necessary forms, with no complicating factors, our fee is $15 including an administration fee.
For any transfer that is more complex, whereby it involves us needing to make any changes to the record or permit, our fee is $25 including an administration fee.
Firearms transfer fees
Rifles or Shotguns
- To send a rifle or shotgun to an address in Queensland: $90
- To send a rifle or shotgun to an address in NSW & Victoria: $95
- To send a rifle or shotgun to an address in NT, SA or Tasmania: $100
- To send a rifle or shotgun to an address in WA: $150
- To send a handgun to an address in Queensland: $70
- To send a handgun to an address in NSW or Victoria: $75
- To send a handgun to an address in NT, SA, Tasmania: $80
- To send a handgun to an address in WA: $85
Incoming firearms transfer fee
All incoming firearms received from another dealer incur a set fee. If you have purchased a firearm and plan to have it sent to us to broker for you, our cost is $60. This covers all necessary paperwork, storage for a week and the cost of brokering it out to you with your PTA. If you are planning on using us to do this, please let us know to expect your gun so we can call you when it arrives. Please also request the sending dealer to ensure your name and contact number are included along with all of their dealer info.
Important to note
Our set fees include the cost of us supplying the required paperwork, packaging and securely packaging your gun to ensure there is no movement whilst in transit. You can monitor your guns as all guns are trackable whilst in transit.
Additional freight charges will apply where rifle lengths exceed 1,000mm (1.0m) as an alternative transport provider will need to be used. Heavy rifles and/or bulky cases will also incur an extra freight charge as will instances where additional items such as brass, dies etc. are included.
Remote areas (e.g. Katherine in NT or Broome in WA) are likely to incur additional costs so if you are unsure about if the destination may be classed as remote, please call or email us for an accurate quote.
If you require insurance please advise us so we can provide a quote.
To save time when you bring the firearm in, please ensure you can provide us with:
- Receiving dealers trading name;
- Receiving dealers physical address;
- Receiving dealers daytime phone number;
- Receiving dealers license number; &
- Name of the person for whom the firearm is for.
Once sent, we can also arrange for you to receive the tracking number via SMS enabling you and the receiver to track it on your phone.